Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Not only words



The words I use make a difference. When I say something often enough to myself or to others, it becomes a part of who I am.
When someone greets me and asks how are you, I normaly respond with cheerful enthusiasm? Or am I in the habit of expressing to others how dreary and uninspired I may feel? It may not seem like much, yet the way I respond when someone casually asks how I am can have an enormous impact on my life. when I say something out loud about the way I feel, about the way my life is going, it suddenly becomes a part of my reality.
I may or may not believe what others say about me. Yet I most certainly do believe, at a very deep level, the things I say about myself.
When someone asks me "how are you", that person is giving me an opportunity to strengthen and bring to the forefront the positive aspects of my life. Even if I'm feeling a little down, just by smiling and saying that things are going great, I begin to make that my reality, Or at least I try to. Alexis had to tell me often that
The way you think and talk about yourself will have an enormous influence on they way your life progresses, and the way other think of you. Take every opportunity to make that influence a positive, enthusiastic and supportive one.