Thursday, August 31, 2006

Inside Out


I know my circumstances do not make me. but rather my circumstances reveal me.
The events in my life do not cause me to be one way or another. The events in my life give me the opportunity to express who I am by the way I deal with them. "For example" Like a mirror, the world around me reflects my values, my beliefs and expectations. The things I experience outside myself are shared with the person I am inside.
To bring about a positive change in my world, I must first make that positive change deep within myself. Life flows from the inside toward the outside.(Like a blooming flower)
Any gains I make on the outside that do not have their origin on the inside will be temporary and mostly meaningless. Real, lasting success on the outside comes only after success has first been nurtured within myself.
Take great care with the authentic person you are inside. And that real value will flow outward to every corner of your life.