Friday, August 25, 2006

How good do we really have it ?


Sometimes I wonder if I fully realize how good I have it? do I take all the good and valuable things for granted, focusing only on the troubles and disappointments?
Sure, I have problems, We all do, and of course there are challenges and difficulties. The best way to move forward through these difficulties is by staying connected to the real, enduring goodness in my life.
If I stop for a moment and think of five things in my life for which I can be truly thankful, and then consider what I could do to build and nurture those things, to make them more influential in my thoughts and my actions.
It's easy for the pressing problems of the moment to overwhelm my thinking. So it's up to me to provide a powerful, positive alternative.
When I have something to be thankful for, I have something real and valuable to go on. I have a solid foundation from which to build.
And no matter where I may be or what may have happened, I do indeed have many things for which I can be truly thankful. The more completely I stay connected to them, the more surely life will move in the direction I desire.