Thursday, July 06, 2006

possitive direction

Think of how great it would be to have someone providing you with a constant supply of encouragement. When I get in the habit of encouraging myself, that is exactly what I can have.
All day long, I am thinking and saying things to myself. I have the power to choose precisely what those thoughts and those words will be.
I need to make them positive, uplifting, and encouraging. Make good use of the thousands of opportunities I get each day to providemyself with support and direction.
When I catch myself mentally beating up on myself, I try to stop such destructive behavior right then and there. Instead, give myself a few words of real, sincere encouragement and notice how much more energized and effective I immediately feel.
In addition, I offer encouragement to others whenever I get the chance. That makes me more likely to send even more encouragement in my own direction.
During each waking moment, I am constantly thinking or talking to myself or others. from this day forward I Choose to use all that dialogue to move myself and my world in a positive direction.